*Move Abroad VIP Members

Find answers, ask questions, locate remote work, and get access to LIVE events.

How to Live, Work and Retire Abroad! Forums #AskCartess Permanent Residency Reply To: Permanent Residency

  • Venisha

    January 14, 2023 at 9:06 pm

    Hey Sasha, if your husband is a Mexican citizen, your residency can be granted under family unification. You’ll want to consult with a relocation specialist/attorney regarding that process, as it’s done from within Mexico. If you obtain temporary residency via a US consulate, you’ll have to return to Mexico to renew until you gain permanent status. But, once you obtain your residency (temporary or permanent) you are free to enter and leave the country as you wish. My husband and I completed the process a year ago.