Let's Peep Merida
Merida is freakin' awesome and you'll do yourself an injustice sticking only to the areas where most of the expats choose to live! If you're looking for someone to take you around the city to see the different sides of town, I'm happy to do that.
This is not a package for going to pyramids or Cenotes or doing touristy stuff. I'm no history buff and this is not a tour to understand the historical nature of the city.
This day out is primarily to show you the different parts of the city to get an idea and feel for the various areas to live. Some people want to live in the 'suburbs', while others wanna stay downtown (Centro).
We can customize this to fit your specific needs. If time permits and a property or two is available to see, we can try and reach out and look at a property so you can get an idea of what you can expect to get for your money.
Here's a brief list of expectations so you're not thrown off..
- This type of tour is not to take you to doctor appointments, grocery shopping, pick-up meds, house shopping, etc.
- It's suggested you rent a car (I have recommendations for you). If you feel uncomfortable driving, I'm happy to drive on your behalf, or we can hire a driver. A car will allow us to cover more ground. A rental typical goes for about $40-$50 US dollars per day (based on the exchange rate at the time). If a rental is not available, we can use the services of a driver.
- We don't go out on touristy trips (Cenotes, pyramids, etc.), but if you wish to see what it's like to live in Progreso or another nearby beach-town (within 20-miles), we'll go.
- These daily tours last no longer than 4 or 6 hours.
- If you're rude, abusive or offensive to locals or myself, the trip will end immediately, and there will be no refunds. We ask that you simply be nice and courtesy to others, no matter how frustrated you get.
If this sounds like something you're interested in, go ahead and make your purchase and we'll get a date scheduled to connect and meet-up.
*The only other requirement I have is if you hire a driver, it's common practice to pay for his/her meals while we're out. We don't leave them in the car to themselves while we're in a nice-cool restaurant laughing, eating and drinking it up. You're also responsible for covering the cost of my meal(s) to if we're out for lunch/dinner. I promise not to drink more than one drink, lol (and no drinks if I'm doing the driving, lol).
*Our busy Spring and Summer months kick-off in March, April, May, June and July. If you're interested, book now to secure your spot. I only take on 4-6 of these day tours per month.